[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 226, Issue 48

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jan 18 17:53:08 EST 2022

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 14:17:10 -0800
Heide Wang <heidew99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  after I recorded the split transaction, the furniture account shows
> 250.00 but did not show it is for a chair. Did I do something wrong?
> why on the split transaction it shows a chair but not on the
> furniture account ledge?

I think you have put the "chair" on the notes for the payment to the
credit card company, rather than on the note in the split for the
furniture.

The long answer is to make the credit card account another account in
Gnucash and enter the two transactions separately into the credit card
account, then pay the credit card from the cheque account.

Liz