[GNC] couple questions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jan 21 10:55:13 EST 2022

Heide,

It would likely be safest and easiest to upgrade in these steps:

1. 2.6.21 (the last 2.6.x version)
2. 3.11 (the last 3.x version)
3. 4.9 (the current version)

I'm fairly certain, you don't need to upgrade to lower releases of each
major version first. (such as 3.0 or 3.1, and 4.0 or 4.1) You should be
able to go straight to the last release of each major version.

After EACH upgrade, from the main Accounts tab, be sure to go to the
Actions menu and choose the Check & Repair > Check & Repair All option.

This will conform your data file to the new version. Some things will be
fixed automatically upon opening the file, but this will ensure this
gets done correctly, just in case something went wrong with the
automatic process.

And as the others noted, make a backup before each step. You can delete
the extra backups once you are confident all went well.

Regards,
Adrien