[GNC] credit card minimum payment due

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 18:21:54 EST 2022

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 2:51 AM Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:23:41 -0600
> Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> > While formulas and variables are possible with Scheduled
> > Transactions, unfortunately, they can't grab the current account
> > balance. (and there are no 'if:then' logic functions possible anyway,
> > just straight math)
> >
> > But you can choose to schedule the payment regardless of the balance,
> > but set it as a reminder rather than auto-create. You can then
> > preview and approve the transaction to be created if it is needed.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
>
> I just put in an amount in the scheduled transaction, then set it be
> checked before posting, and then update the amount to the actual charge
> nvolved. In my case it is a purchase on Friday night - sometimes the
> purchase is not made, so I delete the transaction, and other times I
> edit it to reflect the actual purchase.

I use Scheduled Transactions to help remind me to download a card or
utility statement -- I have it remind me (however many number of days)
before the payment is due, picking a day right around the time the
statement is available to download. Then when the statement is available, I
let it create the transaction on the draft date and I update the amount for
the payment amount and update the exact date it will be drafted from the
bank.

>From the "Since Last Run" scheduled transactions window you can also change
the status to Ignore the scheduled transaction (for months you don't have a
payment to draft) or put the transaction's status back to Remind if you're
not ready for it to create the amount yet.

If you want to get really fancy you can define the payment amount as a
variable in the scheduled transaction editor and the Since Last Run window
will prompt you to fill in the amount. I usually DON'T use variables,
however, because it requires me to have the payment amount right at hand as
soon as I deal with the window, and usually I'm in the middle of some other
things and prefer to "correct" the amounts in the "created transactions"
tab after they have been created.

-----