[GNC] Terminology for Non-profits

Paul Kroitor paul at kroitor.ca
Wed Jul 6 17:15:23 EDT 2022

Wow, that was simple.

Everybody seems to be mortified of playing with the reports, but it took me under 15 minutes, counting reading the documentation and installing my code editor of choice (VSCode), which wasn't on this machine yet.

Helpful things to know (although they are easy to discover anyway):

- Everything in the GnuCash reports menu, including the Hello World example, is "live" in the GnuCash install dir. See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports#Where_to_find_existing_reports
- Simply doing a default install of VSCode and adding a Scheme plugin is all that's needed. Then open / edit / save the .scm file and you can run your modified report.
- Scheme files are interpreted: there's no need for any build, change the .scm file and run the report.

That's it.
Paul