[GNC] Terminology for Non-profits

Paul Kroitor paul at kroitor.ca
Wed Jul 6 17:55:06 EDT 2022

New idea: create a new localization for English-language Non-profits.

This would allow us to change (where necessary) the fixed strings throughout GnuCash to correspond with the appropriate Non-profit terminology. After all, the reporting is basically the same, it's just the terms that are different, and some elements of the chart of accounts are more (or less) detailed.

Having a specialized localization would let one select which mode all the reporting was generated in.

That said, it's a kludge, and doesn't conform with the goal of keeping things as clear and simple as possible. Thus I'm against it, personally.  I just thought I'd throw it out there in case it led to further thoughts / suggestions.

Paul