[GNC] Blue line in checking account register window

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 9 18:24:12 EDT 2022

Hi, Barry!  Welcome to GnuCash!

On 2022-07-09 12:33, Barry G. Hall wrote:
> I am running GnuCash 4.6 on a 2011 iMac running OSX 10.14.6 and having 64 GB of RAM
>
> My checking account register window looks like this

For the mailing list, you need to _attach_ an image, not _embed_ it.

In this particular case your description was enough for everyone to know
what you were seeing, but bear it in ind for the future: attach, don't
embed.
> Notice the bright blue line above the last 3 transactions.
> What is that line and how to I get rid of it?

The line represents the border between present and future. To get rid of
it, you have three options:

a. Examine the dates carefully, and correct them if they are not correct.

b. If the dates _are_correct -- if you really intended to enter future
transactions(*) -- then each transaction will move above the blue line
automatically when its date is reached. The blue line disappears when
there are no future-dated transactions.

c. (For the sake of completeness) Invent a time machine, jump forward
past the dates of the under-the-blue-line transactions, sync your
computer top a time source, and run GnuCash.

> When I enter a new transaction it appears immediately ABOVE that blue line, and the balance is based only on the entries above that line.

Yews, when you commit a transaction by pressing Enter, the transaction
automatically moves to its proper place based on the Date (and on Num
within date, if you use the Num column).

If you want to enter future transactions but not have them appear in any
register till their actual date -- for instance, you've set up your
credit card for automatic payments, so you get notice weeks in advance
that there will be a withdrawal from your checking account -- you can
enter a scheduled transaction (in the Actions menu).

Stan Brown

Tehachapi, CA, USA

https://BrownMath.com