[GNC] Blue line in checking account register window

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Jul 9 16:35:13 EDT 2022

At Sat, 9 Jul 2022 12:33:05 -0700 "Barry G. Hall" <barryghall at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running GnuCash 4.6 on a 2011 iMac running OSX 10.14.6 and having 64 GB of RAM
>
> My checking account register window looks like this
>

> Notice the bright blue line above the last 3 transactions.
> What is that line and how to I get rid of it?

The bright blue line represents midnight tonight. Transactions above that line
are before midnight tonight and the ones below it are in the future (sometime
after midnight). I don't believe GnuCash stores time at a finer scale than
whole days, so above the blue line is today or before and below the blue line
is tomorrow or later.

> When I enter a new transaction it appears immediately ABOVE that blue line, and the balance is based only on the entries above that line.  I would like to:
> 1.	Move the transactions below the line above the blue line
> 2.	Delete the blue line so that there is only a single section; i.e. the section now above the blue line.  I would then sort on the date and be where I need to be.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.
> Barry G. Hall
> Director, Bellingham Research Institute
> barryghall at gmail.com
> http://www.bellinghamresearch.com <http://www.bellinghamresearch.com/>

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364