[GNC] .Re: Revisiting the pre-paid invoice (coupon, credit note

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jul 13 15:05:47 EDT 2022

The Customer Report can show current 'credit available' once the
pre-payment is processed and can be given to the client. Of course, this
doesn't show rate info, etc. (though a footer type stylesheet might
offer room for such info)

An alternative would be to create a Credit Note and send that to the
client, but then a conundrum ensues:

The usual process for a Credit Note is to use *it* as
payment/partial-payment for an invoice, but in this case, the customer
is still paying in full. Credit Notes are for situations like discounts
& allowances or other refunds/reductions from an invoice so the customer
doesn't have to pay the full original price and where a discount wasn't
applied on the original invoice.

It may be that the best option is to create a document outside of
GnuCash to give to clients that reflects the initial credit available
with other desired information. From then on, regular invoices and
Customer Reports should suffice.

Regards,
Adrien