[GNC] Mac - gnucash Custom Check Format

Don Gray holyfeld at att.net
Sat Jul 16 09:48:37 EDT 2022

tl;dr Where does gnucash keep custom check formats on a Mac?

I am switching computers from one Mac to another. Currently running OSX 12.3.

I installed gnucash on the original computer and created a custom check based on Quickbook/Quicken 3 checks per page. I’m using Deluxe checks and there’s a few pixel differences.

I moved to the new computer. Downloaded and installed the latest greatest, 4.11. Copied the gnucash directory from old to new computer. Everything seems fine, except I can’t find the custom check format I created.

Somewhere I read those are kept in /gnucash/scm/… I cannot find that directory sequence in /gnucash, /Library, /Users/xxx/Library. I opened the app package, and didn’t find anything there that looked similar.

What did I miss? Is this documented?

What is the least painful way to get the custom check format from the previous gnucash installation to my current installation?

Don