[GNC] Lost 4 hours of data input

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jul 22 13:15:12 EDT 2022

Someone else can help with the logfile, and it *should* replay your
steps, but I'd offer two suggestions for a different workflow:

1. copy the file locally first, then open it. (other users of DropBox
may have additional/alternative practices to help with sync issues)

2. Import, match & reconcile one month at a time then save. Doing this
in smaller batches has two advantages: the matcher is trained as you go,
this means less editing work on your part, and more accurate match
guesses on GnuCash's part; the incremental saves mean should a crash
happen, you lose less work.

Another option is to switch to the SQLite backend rather than the
default XML. Of course, XML should work, but SQLite does instant saves,
so if there is a crash, your at most likely to lose the last
edit/import, etc. (and so doing things in smaller batches also means
less lost work, without even having to remember to save.)

Regards,
Adrien