[GNC] Lost 4 hours of data input

Glenn Fowler gfowler1 at outlook.com
Fri Jul 22 13:33:39 EDT 2022

Hopefully someone that knows about the bounceback can chime in and explain
what that means.

As for the file sync what I have heard is if you are working from a local
file that gets synced there isn't an issue but if you are working directly
from a file in the cloud there can be issues.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 1:12 PM Phyllis Bruce <pobruce46 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish!  The last backup file was at 8:37 this morning as I was wrestling
> with getting the QFX file imported.  Even that has vanished.  That's why I
> wondered about log files.
>
> Can you tell me what bounceback is?  Is having the files both on my pc and
> in dropbox a problem?  It appears it might be.
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 12:05 PM Glenn Fowler <gfowler1 at outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Check the last backup in that same folder. The filename will have the
>> date attached to it (ex. MyBook.gnucash.20220719044041.gnucash) . It's
>> probably before you started entering data but it's worth checking.
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 12:29 PM Phyllis Bruce <pobruce46 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Imported and matched all the years transactions for a credit card.  Then
>>> hit the reconcile button.  Crash!
>>> On trying to get back in I received a message that talked about
>>> bounceback?  I'm sorry, I didn't write it down, but when I tried to
>>> reopen
>>> it said that someone else might be using the file and the path to DROPBOX
>>> was shown.  I possibly made a mistake in choosing to open anyway -
>>> because
>>> 4 hours of work have apparently disappeared.
>>>
>>> Dropbox has a log file timestamp is 10:51 (the log also exists on my
>>> local
>>> drive).  That is about the time of the crash.  Could it possibly be of