[GNC] Missing 2nd entry

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 02:39:47 EDT 2022

Fred,

If you go to the Accounts tab in the main window can you see either an Orphan or
Imbalance account with a non-zero balance. The transaction creation process and
the importer have never allowed you to create a transaction in GnuCash which is
unbalanced. I just tested it and tried to force creating an unbalanced
transaction in 4.10 (linux Mint 20.3) and you cannot do it. It automatically
creates the Imbalance account entry. Not sure if the datafile reading mechanism
enforces that condition when data is being read into GnuCash from a file or
database and a transaction record had been corrupted though. Have you manually
edited the datafile by any chance? Can you delete the transaction and if
necessary recreate it in balanced form?

David Cousens