[GNC] How to reorganize the account tree

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 13 10:55:55 EDT 2022

On 2022-06-13 07:46, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> I use account codes in my file, and  like it quite a bit. You can add
> the Code to the Chart of Accounts (CoA) page and quickly sort on it as
> one would with any other displayed column. I'll note that the tree
> aspect of the CoA means that the sorting will still be
> hierarchical--that is, accounts will only sort in order at the same
> level of hierarchy.

For historical reasons I use 8NN for accounts receivable subaccounts and
9NN for accounts payable subaccounts. They are under main accounts
Assets:Accounts Receivable and Liabilities:Accounts Payable. I have
found, as David T says, that GV sorts the 8NN and 9NN subaccounts under
their respective main accounts, just as I wanted.

--

Stan Brown

Tehachapi, CA, USA

https://BrownMath.com