[GNC] How to reorganize the account tree

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 13 20:45:05 EDT 2022

Account type is a number, not a string. You can see what number goes with what type at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/65eae554bec2d360600c7ff62ac72d92665c1f59/libgnucash/engine/Account.h#L105.

That shouldn't have anything to do with anything if you assign codes to accounts, display the account code column in the Accounts tab, and click on its header to sort by it. You can easily tell which column is used for sorting and in which direction by the arrow icon that appears on the right of the column's header.

Regards,
John Ralls