[GNC] Online crypto value quote

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:21:10 EDT 2022

Hi Julie

You say that you have "successfully installed" Finance::Quote.  We need
to verify that is is actually working, independently of GnuCash.  The
easiest way to do this is to use the gnc-fq-dump utility as I explained
in my email yesterday.

You need to:
(A) Locate the folder containing the gnc-fq-dump utility
(B) Open a Terminal session and navigate to this folder
(C) Run these two commands:
perl gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json IBM
perl gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json BTC-USD

If Finance:Quote is working correctly, you should see something like this:

gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json IBM
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: IBM                  <=== required
       date: 06/17/2022           <=== recommended
   currency: USD                  <=== required
       last: 135.67               <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price:                      <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional

gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json BTC-USD
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: BTC-USD              <=== required
       date: 06/17/2022           <=== recommended
   currency: USD                  <=== required
       last: 20453.908            <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price:                      <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional

Let us know the results.

Regards

Geoff
=====