[GNC] Bitcoin Lightning payments

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Sat Jun 18 03:10:48 EDT 2022

But you can’t then quotes for cross-currency values directly, because such quotes will be expressed in terms of the primary unit - BTC, for example.

—
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.”

> On 18 Jun 2022, at 4:36 pm, HSC <contact at highseas.capital> wrote:
>

> Unfortunately, the idea of pretending that 1$ = 1BTC doesn't work exactly as it should, because the Spend/Receive fields don't accept entries smaller than 0.01, even if smallest fraction for account is set to 1e-8.
> Neither does setting the decimal places to 8 in Preferences > Numbers > Decimal places affect Spend/Receive fields. Even setting to 3 doesn't increase them beyond 2 decimal places.
> GNC just blanks and ignores a number less than 0.01
>
> That's tolerable, if we pretend that 1$ = 1 sat instead of 1 BTC, and round the the milisats of fees to nearest 10, as if they are US cents.
> That should be close enough for the foreseeable.
>
> HSC

>>> 2. Re: Online crypto value quote (David T.)