[GNC] Forecasting with Commodity Future Prices

Samantha Ahuja samsungs3neos3neos3neo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:45:52 EDT 2022

Hello.  I would like to plan out future replacement of many physical
assets.  I am thinking of tracking them as commodities and importing future
transactions, then separately importing estimated future pricing.  I notice
when I post an entry with a number of shares but no price, the price
database will have a new price on that date of $0.  If I delete that price
from the price database, it will then revert to using the last imported
price, which is what I want.

Is there a way to default to it using the imported price list such that it
will not create $0 prices in the price database?  I hope this is making
sense.  Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.