[GNC] Bitcoin Lightning payments

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Jun 19 11:19:49 EDT 2022

> Obviously BTC
>
> In general I think standards are good - especially internationally
> agreed ones. But according to the ISO website
>
> https://www.iso.org/news/ref2466.html
>
> ISO 4217 is never going to cover cryptocurrencies.  ISO are apparently
> looking at crypto.

No, I thought I explained why it COULDN'T be "BTC"

That choice would violate an existing ISO standard. Unless Bhutan
adopted Bitcoin as a currency << hey, it might be easier/quicker to get
Bhutan to do that then getting the ISO to agree. >> The first thing the
ISO would need to do is settle on what first two characters would be "no
state". There are lots cryptocurrencies so maybe want several character
pairs for "no state"

Michael D Novack