[GNC] Trail Balance Help

Jack Lockard JELockard at outlook.com
Thu Jun 23 10:37:43 EDT 2022

I've been using GnuCash for over ten years now and just the other day ran a Trial Balance report for the first time. As you might imagine, it did not balance and was out of balance in excess of $100k. I started running reports year by year. 2011 and 2012 were in balance. 2013 was out of balance by $4303.1. I ran it with a date of 7/15/2013 and it was in balance. Ran it again with a date of 7/16/2013 and it was out of balance $4303,10. Next I ran a General Ledger report for 7/16/2013 for all accounts and there were only two transactions. One was $40.75 for a gas purchase (40.75 credit to checking and 40.75 debit to expenses:auto:gas&oil). The other was a rollover from an ESOP account to an IRA account in the amount of $6222.88. No match to $4303.10.
There is an Unrealized Gain amount on the trial balance of $87,645.69. I ran an Advanced Portfolio report for the same date and it shows an Unrealized Gain of $84,389.45. Don't understand why they are different by $3,256.24 and it doesn't match the out of balance amount and would only make the out of balance amount larger.
I have no clue how to find where the imbalance is coming from. Any suggestions on how to locate it?
Jack