[GNC] Duplicate Transactions

Stephen M. Butler Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:42:15 EDT 2022

On 6/27/22 13:43, Jesse MacDougall wrote:
> Hi there, I am doing some bookkeeping and I went to add two new
> transactions by right clicking a current transaction and selecting
> duplicate traction.

This usually works rather well.
> I changed the date and added amount but do not see the transactions in the
> account GL.  However, the amounts did get posted as I see the total dollar
> amount has changed.
>

> Question:
> 1) how do I find the two transactions so I can delete them?

Look for a transaction with a really early date (you entered 2 digit
year rather than 4 digit year).  Or, attempt to reconcile on of the
involved accounts and look for an entry with a strange date.

> 2) Is there a better way to make a new transaction in an account GL
> instead of duplicating a transaction and changing the data?

I usually just start typing an entry and if the system sees one with
exact same leading portion it will offer that up as an easy to accept
completion.  This will generally give me the additional line items
(splits) and I just have to change the amounts.  This also allows me to
then edit the initial description (such as an order #) after I've
accepted all the splits.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com