[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 231, Issue 73

Richard Spinney rspinney20 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:22:45 EDT 2022

Hi Kalpesh,

So I found a solution which I detail here:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2022-June/101721.html

Basically, it was all to do with the fact that I was using a Flatpak
version of Gnucash (on Linux) - so yes there technically are two versions
of Perl, but the one used by Gnucash is the one bundled into the Flatpak
app sandbox (i.e. only Gnucash uses it).

The problems were then that:

1. The version of Perl on my computer (not in the Flatpak) was working with
the Quotes feature for AU stocks straight out of the box - the packaged
version didn't.
2. How to update the packaged version wasn't immediately obvious

However, I found out how -to update it, though it didn't update perfectly -
the bundled Perl version still can't get info from the ASX, but it now can
from Yahoo (JSON). So ultimately it now does work.

Cheers,

Richard.