[GNC] accounts receivable for rent..

arthur brogard abrogard at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 01:50:46 EST 2022

I'm sorry to say that I'm immensely ignorant.I have a totally blank gnucash open before me.No 'accounts receivable'.Could you spell it out for me or direct me to where it is spelled out what I should do?We have only one property.  Only one tenant.  Simplest possible case I guess.
I'm thinking I must:
. Create an 'accounts receivable'  account.That would be an income account I guess.  'Other income' ?

Every week I put the rent amount in there.  (that's what I"d like to have happen automatically)  Then I can print out that balance and show it to him: that's what you owe today.
Somehow what he pays has to go into that account to reflect that he's paid.

They pay by direct deposit to my bank account.
So what do I do?  Credit his AR account and debit cash at bank?
When I become aware he's paid into my bank account.  Then print out  a statement showing his balance.
That's  how it goes?
 sorry to be so thick.  I'm working on it.
ab