[GNC] accounts receivable for rent..

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:15:08 EST 2022

Arthur,

If you have the Accounts tab showing in the GnuCash interface, the menu item
Actions->New Account Heirarchy will run a dialogue which allows you to choose
specific account options.

The first step selects the currency for the accounts you are going to add which
will be your local currency. The second step allows you to select check boxes to
include certain types of account in your heirarchy. Ensure the box against
business features is checked then click the next button. .  The next step allows
you to setup opening balances for the account you are adding to the heirarchy  (
you can do this later manually  if you are not sure what they should be at this
stage).
Step through the rest of the dialog and select the Finish button and the
required accounts to support the business Features will be added.

You can run this dialog at any time to add accounts to support other features of
GnuCash.

if you have not already done so i would recommend reading the basics chapter of
the GnuCash Tutorial and Concepts Guide (
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/index.html) which will give you
an introduction to the basic accounting concepts. The following chapters will
introduce the specific features.

You can easily create a test setup of books you can use to explore the GnuCash
features before using them on the actual books for your business. Just keep each
set of books in its own sub-directory of an appropriate location in your home
directory (this simplifies managing the backup and log files created each time
GnuCash is run).  If you have an existing file not in its own directory just
create and copy it into a directory then use File->Open in GnuCash to navigate
and open it.

David Cousens