[GNC] don't know..

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Mar 5 17:08:44 EST 2022

On 3/5/22 2:26 PM, arthur brogard via gnucash-user wrote:
> Not sure if I'm doing this right.  Hitting 'reply' on the email address of a poster that I want to respond to and putting a 'cc' in for gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> I see some people's posts seem to have been made to 'list gnucash' or something.
> And that advice to 'reply to list' etc. - what's that?  I see no such options on my yahoo email.  It's referring to choosing for yourself which email address to send to or its an actual menu choice somewhere?

As David noted, you only *need* to reply to gnucash-user at gnucash.org.
The individual's email address is not needed. They'll get the message
because they are members of the list.

It is imperative to *at least* reply to gnucash-user at gnucash.org so
everyone on the list will see it. (otherwise, only the individual you
replied to will see your message)

You can either do this manually, or use the Reply-All button/option in
your mail program (delete the individual addresses if you like, leaving
the list address), or

If your mail service has a 'Reply to List' or 'Reply to Group' or
something similar, use that instead. (better option)

You may have to investigate Yahoo! settings concerning 'newsgroup' or
'newsletter' or 'mailing lists' options to enable this button if Yahoo!
is not automatically offering it to you. (or it may not even be an
option as not all e-mail applications offer it.)

> And when I do 'reply' yahoo want me to give a subject.  Well what? Anything I 'should' put there to suit the list?

Hitting any Reply, Reply-All or Reply-List button should auto-populate
the same subject for you. I'd consider it quite odd if it did not. If
this is the case, simply copy and paste the subject line from the
message you are replying to.

Regards,
Adrien