[GNC] reports

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 10:14:50 EST 2022

On 3/5/2022 9:29 PM, Charles Simcox wrote:
> What report & how do I use reports o generate a report by selecting
> specific accounts & some of their daughters not necessarily he whole
> account?

Possibly confused about the process.

In gnucash, you don't PRE select the options you want for the report (in
case that is what you are looking for). In stead you run the report
(open the report) and if runs with defaults for all the options. Not
done yet.

You then use edit=>report options which opens  windows that allow you to
change these defaults to what you want. For example, many of the reports
are for a date or date range. Gnucash might use "today" (or if you left
that report "open" (tab) the date(s) you set last time. So you change
the dates to what you want for THIS running of the report. There are
LOTS of options. If you are new to gnucash you should investigate what
those are so you can have the report s you run the way you want them.

Michael D Novack