[GNC] Gnucash 3.8 Questions

Lokesh Yagnik yagniklokesh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:56:47 EST 2022

Dear all,

I am not an accountant but with the help of the various threads I have
managed to maintain the accounts for myself, my wife and a small business -
three separately.

My Accountant is quite used to using Xero and prefers I change to it. Xero
makes his work flow easier. I understand that.

I have advised that Gnucash is quite capable of handling most things I
require and generating various reports. Accountant is willing to give this
a go after I generated some reports for him and sent screenshots.

Questions
- Can this version (or any version) of Gnucash allow remote access? Or
(from what I think is the case) will just have to allow him to remote log
in to my computer and then look at Gnucash

- Since I was learning, I have resisted the temptation to update to a newer
version of Gnucash. To upgrade, my understanding is that I need to
upgrade each version to the most uptodate stable version.
 As for backing up the current stuff, I will need to back up the various
XYXYXY.gnucash files or does the entire string -
Folder1/folder2/folder3/XYXYXY.gnucash has to be replicated?

thanks in advance

LY