[GNC] Fwd: GnuCash page FAQ has been changed by Flywire

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:28:06 EST 2022

Hi David

[[ Before responding I took the time to read the
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ from top to bottom. ]]

I understand the important role that reviewers like yourself play in
keeping multi-author documents to a coherent readable whole.  I also
understand your concern that the overall solution involves a
spreadsheet, however I believe there is sufficient merit in this answer
to retain it in the FAQ.  My reasons are:

(1) It is a well written and illustrated answer to a real world problem
that multiple GunCash users face.

(2) To paraphrase John Donne, "no software package is an island" and
spreadsheets are a natural complement to GnuCash and other accounting
software packages.

(3) There is a whole section of the FAQ under "Accounting Questions"
that is arguably "not really relevant to using GnuCash per se" as you
put it, but it still adds value to the overall GnuCash ecosystem.

(4) It does no harm.

So, my vote is to retain it.

Regards

Geoff
=====
P.S. THANK YOU Flywire for taking the time and making the effort to
update the FAQ.  You have inspired me to try and do the same in 2022.