[GNC] Changes in gnucash 4 vs 3

Peter Ratzlaff pratzlaff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:12:06 EST 2022

GSettings is something with which I'm not really familiar, but here is
the situation.

On the 21.10 installation, where compiled gnucash 4.9 works as expected,

$ gsettings  list-schemas | grep -i gnucash
org.gnucash.dialogs.account
org.gnucash.dialogs.sxs.since-last-run

There are 68 of these entries, none of them beginning with
org.gnucash.GnuCash. Confusingly (at least to me), there *is* an
org.gnucash.GnuCash tree in dconf-editor.

Then, on the 22.04 installation, where gnucash 4.9 does *not* work as
expected, the above gsettings command outputs the same schemas, but also
another matching each one in the org.gnucash.GnuCash tree, e.g.,

org.gnucash.GnuCash.dialogs.account
org.gnucash.GnuCash.dialogs.sxs.since-last-run

There are 136 of these org.gnucash and org.gnucash.GnuCash schemas on
the 22.04 machine.

I hope some sense can be made of this.