[GNC] gnucash v 2.6.19 or newer on 32bit linux

Jonathan Francoeur goedible at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 03:52:54 EDT 2022

I have my accounts in dropbox and I was using a newer version of GNU
cash on my 64bit computer.  Now I"m trying to use the files on my older
32bit computer and I get the error:

This Dataset contains features not supported by this version of GnuCash.
You must use a newer version of GnuCash in order to support the
following features:
* Use account GUID as key for bayesian data and store KVP flat (requires
at least Gnucash 2.6.19)

I have not been able to install the Gnucash 2.6.19 from the tar.gz
files.  I'm used to using .deb files on following instructions by copy
pasting in to the terminal.  I haven't found anything like that for
installing a newer version on GNU cash on a 32bit linux machine.  Any ideas?