[GNC] change default behavior of ctrl-PgDn

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:36:56 EDT 2022

Thank you Adrien. I will report it as a bug.  This has happened
throughout numerous versions of GNC.  It is more of an irritation on my
part, as my financial imports do not always match receipts entered.
Welcome to the world of Murphy's Law, everything that can go wrong will
go wrong (A physicists favorite right of passage).

On 3/24/22 8:45 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I don't think the date itself is relevant. What you want is to get to
> a new blank transaction, correct?
>
> I have the same problem using 4.9 on MacOS BigSur. I'm not sure when
> this started. As far as I know, there is no preference.
>
> There is a preference for using the 'Enter' key for this function, but
> that might not be desirable.
>
> I guess try playing with that and see if it works to your liking.
>
> But I'd say it is a bug.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 3/23/22 6:34 PM, Jeff wrote:
>> I'm talking about entering transactions in prior months, not adding
>> new sequential transactions at the end of the journal.
>>
>> On 3/23/22 4:45 PM, Glenn Fowler wrote:
>>> Wouldn't pressing <Enter> be easier than Ctrl+PgDn?
>>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 5:23 PM Jeff <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
>>> <mailto:beastmaster126 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Running:
>>>
>>>     Version: 4.9
>>>     Build ID: Flathub 4.9-2
>>>     Finance::Quote: 1.49GNC 4.9
>>>
>>>     on Ubuntu.
>>>
>>>     When I need to enter a new transaction (that I missed) and hit
>>>     ctrl-PgDn
>>>     it throws me to the bottom of the register as expected. But the
>>>     caret is
>>>     on the third number line down, not in the date column where I would
>>>     expect it to.
>>>
>>>     Is there a simple fix to change this behavior?  I have the default
>>>     view
>>>     set for view double line, transactional.
>>>
>>>     --     --JEffrey Black M.B.A.

--JEffrey Black M.B.A.