[GNC] change default behavior of ctrl-PgDn

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 07:25:14 EDT 2022

On 25 Mar 2022, at 01:45, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> I don't think the date itself is relevant. What you want is to get to a new blank transaction, correct?
>
> I have the same problem using 4.9 on MacOS BigSur. I'm not sure when this started. As far as I know, there is no preference.
>
> There is a preference for using the 'Enter' key for this function, but that might not be desirable.
>
> I guess try playing with that and see if it works to your liking.
>
> But I'd say it is a bug.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Having not investigated a quick way of getting to a new blank transaction before, Ive done some experimenting on my iMac (GNC 4.9 + Big Sur).

fn-uptriangle		Top of current register screen
fn-downtriangle		Bottom of current register screen
Shift-fn-uptriangle	Earliest transaction in register
Shift-fn-downtriangle	Bottom of current register, blank transaction

If I use the extra cluster of nine keys on the wide keyboard:

Shift-uparrow		Earliest transaction in register
Shift-downarrow		Bottom of current register, blank transaction

All I have to do now is remember these the next time I need them!

Michael