[GNC] 4.10 cannot be opened on macOS Big Sur w/Apple Silicon

John W. O'Brien john at saltant.com
Mon Mar 28 10:03:09 EDT 2022

Good morning all,

Congratulations on the new release.

I am unable to run the new 4.10 on my MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with Big
Sur (11.6.5). 4.9 has been running fine, as recently as this morning.

The essence of the crash log is:

====
Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x3] Wrong version

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
   Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Resources/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib
   Referenced from:
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgtkmacintegration-gtk3.4.dylib
   Reason: Incompatible library version:
libgtkmacintegration-gtk3.4.dylib requires version 11603.0.0 or later,
but libcairo-gobject.2.dylib provides version 2.0.0
====

Full log is available on request.

What else could I do to diagnose and resolve this?

Thank you,
John