[GNC] 4.10 cannot be opened on macOS Big Sur w/Apple Silicon

William Prescott will at theprescotts.com
Mon Mar 28 10:25:22 EDT 2022

It ran fine on my MacBookPro M1 Max with Monterey.

Will

On 2022 Mar 28, at 03-28 08:03:09, John W. O'Brien via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

Good morning all,

Congratulations on the new release.

I am unable to run the new 4.10 on my MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with Big Sur (11.6.5). 4.9 has been running fine, as recently as this morning.

The essence of the crash log is:

====
Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x3] Wrong version

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
 Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Resources/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib
 Referenced from: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgtkmacintegration-gtk3.4.dylib
 Reason: Incompatible library version: libgtkmacintegration-gtk3.4.dylib requires version 11603.0.0 or later, but libcairo-gobject.2.dylib provides version 2.0.0
====

Full log is available on request.

What else could I do to diagnose and resolve this?

Thank you,
John