[GNC] 4.10 cannot be opened on macOS Big Sur w/Apple Silicon

John W. O'Brien john at saltant.com
Mon Mar 28 12:33:09 EDT 2022

It looks like this might be a bad interaction with software installed
via MacPorts, but I don't understand the versioning and dynamic loader
well enough to be sure or to do anything about it.

$ otool -L
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib |
grep libcairo-gobject
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib:
	@executable_path/../Resources//lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib
(compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 2.0.0)
$ otool -L /opt/local/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib | grep libcairo-gobject
/opt/local/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib:
	/opt/local/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib (compatibility version
11707.0.0, current version 11707.0.0)
$ otool -L
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgtkmacintegration-gtk3.4.dylib
| grep libcairo-gobje
ct
	@executable_path/../Resources/lib/libcairo-gobject.2.dylib
(compatibility version 11603.0.0, current version 11603.0.0)