[GNC] create desktop icons for GNC 4.9 Flatpak on Ubuntu

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:51:00 EDT 2022

Jeffery,

I have the Gnucash flatpak "user" version installed. The gnucash flatpak
wiki desktop shortcut (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak) works for me
on Ubuntu 21.10 after updating my file location (see below)  The one step
not mentioned is to right click the desktop shortcut and select "Allow
launching" - this updates the desktop shortcut icon and if you don't do
this it just opens in text editor.

Cheers David H.

Desktop IconAssuming you want to create a desktop icon to open your second
file test-2.gnucash from your Documents folder:

[Desktop Entry]Type=ApplicationTerminal=falseExec=flatpak run
org.gnucash.GnuCash Documents/test-2.gnucashName=GnuCash (flatpak)
test-2Comment=Manage home and small business
accountsIcon=~/.local/share/flatpak/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/x86_64/stable/active/files/share/gnucash/pixmaps/gnucash-icon.ico