[GNC] create desktop icons for GNC 4.9 Flatpak on Ubuntu

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Mar 31 09:11:52 EDT 2022

Ha! Best of luck with the keyboard! Check into (Ubuntu) Settings >
Universal Access > Typing > Screen Keyboard.

This will pop-up an on-screen keyboard when a typing field has focus.
That's not the best workaround, but it will help a bit.

-----

As for GnuCash, what about the USB access info from the Wiki?

If you've never gotten the flatpak to work right, I'd suspect that is
the issue.

So try this in order from a terminal:

1. sudo flatpak override org.gnucash.GnuCash --filesystem=$PATH_TO_USB_DRIVE

(that is all one line)

2. flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash /media/jeffrey/'Mac
Drive'/Ledgers/Dad/Dad.gnucash

(again all one line)

If that works, close GnuCash and try clicking your desktop shortcut
again. You should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, try moving a copy of the file to your Home folder,
then trying from a terminal:

flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash /home/jeffrey/Dad.gnucash

If that doesn't work either, something else is wrong.

Regards,
Adrien