[GNC] Change account in Transfer column - how?

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Tue May 3 11:05:26 EDT 2022

Yes, I seem to recall having an issue like that a while ago with an
older version, and it might have been version 4.4, but it has been
fixed for quite some time now. Chris, could you upgrade to a more
recent version? At the very least you should be able to test this by
installing the flatpak version. See this page
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak and go down to the section
called "Regular releases at flathub.org".

David W

On Tue, 3 May 2022 at 16:01, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sometime in the 4.x series of releases a new method of auto filling the
> account name was introduced where you just start typing part of the account
> name and when your text matches existing text it is supposed to autofill
> the name.  I think that was supposed to leave the old drop down list from
> typing letters and colons method in place. I do not have a release recent
> enough to test that, but there could be a bug, perhaps, if you happen to
> use certain special characters or an unusual font or character set.
>
> On Tue, May 3, 2022, 9:42 AM Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 02:24:52PM +0000, Gyle McCollam wrote:
> > >    Chris,
> > >
> > >    Yes, you can.  On my GnuCash, if you click on the "^" (actually it
> > >    points down) you get the chart of accounts from which you can choose a
> > >    different account.  It's worked that way as long as I can remember,
> > but
> > >    I will say that I am using windows 11 and GnuCash 4.10.
> > >
> > I thought so, it's a bug that I have reported before (27 Nov 2021).
> > When I click on the arrow-up or arrow-down nothing happens.
> >
> > My original problem (in November 2021) was that I didn't get the list
> > of accounts to select from when entering a new tranaction:-
> >
> >     I've probably doing something silly somewhere but I can't spot what it
> >     is at the moment.
> >
> >     While entering transactions into GnuCash today it sometimes offers no
> >     account in the 'Transfer' column so anything I do ends up in an
> >     'Imbalance' account.
> >
> >     The up arrow and down arrow do nothing when it's in this state.
> >
> >     The issue comes and goes and I can't see any pattern to it, I've never
> >     seen this problem before though.
> >
> >     I'm running GnuCash version 4.4 on xubuntu Linux version 21.10.
> >

> > What I am seeing now is essentially the same problem, the drop-down
> > list (or up) of accounts doesn't appear.
> >

> > --
> > Chris Green
> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > -----