[GNC] QIF import error

Shaun Parsons shaun.parsons at live.com
Fri May 6 12:15:32 EDT 2022

Hi
I have recently come across GnuCash which I have installed on my Samsung J6 android phone.

I am trying to sync transactions between my Quicken 2016 install on my Windows 11 desktop with GnuCash on my android device using an exported QIF file. Each time I attempt to import the file I get the following error

“An error occurred while importing the GnuCash accounts at line 1, column 0: not well-formatted (invalid token)”

I am unable to find an example of a valid example of a file that works?

The first few lines are

!Option:AutoSwitch
!Account
NLloyds Linda ISA (Cash)
TBank
^

I have tried removing the !option:AutoSwitch which makes no difference.

Long term I am trying to write a vbnet app to massarge the qif files to the correct format, any clues what I am missing?

Regards Shaun Parsons