[GNC] Large GnuCash file very slow to write to

Tim Hume tim at nomuka.com
Sun May 8 07:50:07 EDT 2022

It is an SSD drive (I'm using a Mac Mini about one year old - with the M1 chip).

The slow part seems to be saving the database - inserting the transactions is fast enough, the save operation is what takes so long. It may be 20 minutes - I haven't timed it. Even closing GnuCash is slow - perhaps 30 seconds to a minute.

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.