[GNC] Configuration dilemma -- How best to share Gnucash between 2 users

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Tue May 10 12:09:55 EDT 2022

On 5/9/22 10:57, Westshire Realty wrote:
> Prefer to avoid maintaining two separate apps intalled on devices and sharing just the data file.

I'm not aware that gnucash can run remotely without you making a way via programs like vnc or xwindows, which sounds like extra
work on a mac.  It's easy to keep gnucash installed at same revision with a flatpak installation, so you can then just run gnucash
from your local machine and open the file on the shared volume:

$ gnucash   /shared/books1/books1.gnucash

I've not used macports -- you may have to make sure the two machines both use the same revision:

sudo port install gnucash  on both machines each time it is done...