[GNC] Import is finding no matching transactions

Thepwnd thepwnd at protonmail.com
Sat May 14 17:06:24 EDT 2022

Hi all,

So I am still fairly new to Gnucash (and personal finances for that matter), but I've been using it the last 2 months and change to track my family's spending. I primarily use my debit card for daily purchases, but I have begun keeping receipts for more immediate entry into the ledger and to more accurately track what categories I spend the most money in. However, there are still some purchases I make that don't give me a receipt, and in those cases, the only record I have is on my bank statement.

I would like to be able to import my bank statement occasionally to catch all those transactions, but not duplicate all the ones I already entered. My understanding is that when importing transactions from a bank statement, Gnucash should be able to match any existing transactions on the ledger and mark those as "Reconcile" on the statement. I swear this was working when I first started using Gnucash, but now, when I try to import my bank statement, Gnucash isn't finding any matches on the ledger, even though the vast majority of the transactions on the statement already exist in Gnucash.

I can't figure out what happened, and there don't appear to be any preferences for imports or matching, so I'm not sure what I might have changed to cause this to stop working. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Aaron

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) secure email.