[GNC] Finance::Quote on Mac Air

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Mon May 30 18:41:03 EDT 2022

> On May 30, 2022, at 5:09 PM, Dieter Kip via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hi there!
>
> I installed Finance::Quite on my MacBook Air and GnuCash recognizes that it is installed on the computer. However, GnuCash is not obtaining any quotes….
>
> When I test the “generic” commands to test the program like ECHO I got a response… All other commands like gnc-fa-update are not executed….
>
> Could that be because the GnuCash path is not recognized/properly set up to get the quotes into GnuCash?
>
> Thank you very much for your help!!
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Dieter Kip

It could be a lot of things, but when I had a similar instance doing “install Mozilla::CA” via cpan solved my issue. In general, I’ve always had the CA file installed, but when Apple messed with the location of perl, the lack of the CA file wasn’t caught during the installation of Finance::Quote or any of its dependencies.

--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com