[GNC] Duplicating a bill with a linked document duplicates the link as well

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon May 30 21:25:04 EDT 2022

Not sure if this is intended behavior.

I use the 'Duplicate' bill/invoice feature to repeat something that
requires little or no change, save for the relevant dates.

But I just realized, I've got a chain of duplicated vendor bills off one
bill that already had a linked PDF copy of the bill.

I was later going to link the proper PDF files to each GnuCash bill, but
I noticed that they all already have the exact same link as the
original, thus all pointing to the same file.

There might be a use case I'm not thinking of, but this seems a bit odd
to me. It also means I can't use a workflow to process all bills that
don't have attachments as a way of keeping track of which ones need to
be updated. I now need to check the links for each and every one till I
find out which happened to be the original.

Adrien