[GNC] Invoice Template

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Nov 1 23:26:25 EDT 2022

Yes, any report can be copy/pasted or exported/imported into a
spreadsheet app for further manipulation.

However, most if not all of what you've described is achievable from
within GnuCash.

Explore and play with custom sytlesheets for reports.

Particularly, play with Edit > Style Sheets > CSS and work from there.

(be sure to assign the 'custom CSS stylesheet' to your invoice, I think
that is the Options > General, tab. You'll need to delve into and learn
CSS as all GnuCash reports are essentially HTML tables with some styling.

You can't style everything, but you can make lots of progress and
customizations.

Then once you have it really close, but not quite just right, then
copy/paste or export/import to a spreadsheet and finish the rest.

Then if possible, file a RFE (Request For Enhancement) at
bugs.gnucash.com so you can manage to style the rest directly in the
future from within GnuCash. (describe well, what can only be done in a
spreadsheet that you think *should* be accessible from within GnuCash.)

You can certainly import invoices from csv/spreadsheet, but I'm not
certain about export. But as noted above, copy/paste or save/open-import
should work fine in most cases.

Regards,
Adrien