[GNC] Found a bug, accounts gone haywire.

Michael Davis michael at damaru.com
Sat Nov 5 20:02:25 EDT 2022

Thanks for the responses!

I’ve been running this version:

Version: 4.11
Build ID: 4.11+(2022-06-25)

for a few months, on an iMac M1, Montery 12.5.1.

Yes, I see this in the register window. As well, the Accounts tab that has the tree of accounts, shows that account as having the wrong value $621k.

I’m considering whether to offer to share my data file with the developers for debugging purposes. There is certainly no banking identifiers such as account numbers in this file, but I need to consider whether a list of transactions in an account called “Checking” would itself pose any security risk.

I’m a software developer myself and I really wish I had a bit of extra time right now so that I could dig into the code and try to debug it myself. I did take a Lisp course in university.

cheers
Michael