[GNC] Found a bug, accounts gone haywire.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 5 21:01:20 EDT 2022

Michael,

Perhaps you could attach a screenshot showing a register with both credit and debit amounts increasing the account balance. You could use Preview to black out any descriptions you think are sensitive. But first open View>Sort By... and make sure that Standard Order is selected and View>Filter By... and ensure that Show All is selected on the Date tab and all the boxes are ticked on the Status tab.

Have you looked at any backup files, either the time-stamped ones ending in .gnucash (e.g. if your file is my-book.gnucash a backup file might be my-file.gnucash.20221103152719.gnucash) or by restoring with Time Machine?

BTW, the relevant code is mostly in C with a bit of C++ and is available for public view at https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash.

Regards,
John Ralls