[GNC] Tracking Travel expenses

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 14 17:59:11 EST 2022

On 2022-11-14 14:36, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:

> Yes would be under assets. But we are discussing personal books, not
> books of a business (accrual basis so can use business features like
> invoicing). Probably no "accounts receivable".

You do not need to issue invoices or use other business features to have
accounts receivable. I recorded my employer expense account as an
account receivable in my personal books, and it worked just fine.

You will note that I did however specifically make the point that the OP
could skip the "Accounts Receivable" name and level and just make the
expense account a top-level asset if he wished. (I _did_ use the name
and level Accounts Receivable, since I also had other amounts owing to
me, such as health insurance reimbursements and various merchandise
rebates.)

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com