[GNC] Tracking Travel expenses

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 20:50:13 EST 2022

On 11/14/2022 5:59 PM, Stan Brown wrote:
> On 2022-11-14 14:36, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:
>> Yes would be under assets. But we are discussing personal books, not
>> books of a business (accrual basis so can use business features like
>> invoicing). Probably no "accounts receivable".
> You do not need to issue invoices or use other business features to have
> accounts receivable. I recorded my employer expense account as an
> account receivable in my personal books, and it worked just fine.

Perhaps we should not be going to this level of accounting (and as
"amateurs", for personal books, we can do pretty much what we want.

But "accounts receivable" has a particular meaning in business aside
from having "invoices" to justify what is there. It is "merchantable"
(the business that issued you that invoice can sell or pledge as
collateral "receivables") ---- look up the meaning of "factoring" (in
business)

You ordinarily could not do that with pending reimbursements from your
employer, insurance company, etc.

That's why I suggested a top level "pending reimbursements" under assets.

Michael D Novack