[GNC] General journal report: limit to a period of time

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 16 00:19:39 EST 2022

> On Nov 15, 2022, at 8:38 PM, Brook Milligan <brook at nmsu.edu> wrote:
>
> I would like to create a report similar to the General Journal report (under Assets & Liabilities menu); however, I would like to restrict it to a certain time period.  Instead, it seems that the current version reports the entire set of entries.  Am I missing an option or another report that does this?  Is this a desirable feature to have?

Depends. There are two swiss-army-knife reports, Transaction Report on the main reports menu and General Ledger on the Assets & Liabilities menu, that can show you pretty much any detail you want for any selection of accounts you want with a large range of display and summary options. Neither of them produces exactly the same format as the General Journal report though.

Regards,
John Ralls