[GNC] Reusing old invoices?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Fri Nov 18 19:14:00 EST 2022

Hi Geert,

Thanks for the pointers, answers inline :-

On 18/11/2022 4:46 pm, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op vrijdag 18 november 2022 16:54:01 CET schreef Morgan Read via
> gnucash-user:

>  > > I recall an issue not long ago with an uneditable, unposted invoice.
>
>  > > I'll check to see if I resolved it and if so, how. (this was an issue
>
>  > > with the line-items, the details were editable)
>
>  >

>  > Yes, those are my symptoms - on one particular invoice the line-items
>
>  > are uneditable whereas the details are editable.  Any pointers would be
>
>  > great, thanks.
>

> Is this an invoice tab you keep permanently open across gnucash restarts
> ? In rare cases this may lead to gnucash becoming confused on the posted
> status of the invoice, which could lead to the symptoms you see.
>

> You can try to close the invoice tab and use any the common methods to
> reopen it (Business->Customer->Find Invoice..., clicking on an invoice
> link in some report,...). That should fix the gnucash confusion.
>

> If it's still not editable at that point, something else may be happening.
I'm not keeping it open - certainly not since it was originally created
in March 2021 - it's certainly possible I kept it open across a few
restarts when I originally created it, but I can't remember.  I have
recently posted it and unposted it in the hope that might help to
'loosen' things up, but it hasn't.

> If you manually (had to) set the number on an invoice, you can
> afterwards update the invoice counter under File->Properties->Counters
> so the the next invoice will have the right number assigned
> automatically again.
Thanks, that'll help!

Morgan.

--